What is required is an informed professional opinion as to the wisdom of entering into the Agreement in the terms proposed.
What are the benefits?
Prenuptial agreements have a number of benefits including:
- Guaranteeing financial security for children from a previous relationship;
- Protecting spouses from each other’s debt;
- Protecting significant assets owned before the relationship;
- Protecting a family heirloom or substantial inheritance;
- Making the separation process easier – emotionally and financially;
- Providing security during and after marriage;
- Maintaining the expectations of the spouses; and
- Can help prove intention if there is a dispute over a will.
The sooner into a relationship that you develop a prenuptial agreement, the better it will be for you in the longer term.
It doesn’t have to be complicated…
If you’d like to talk to a friendly lawyer and get help with understanding and developing a prenuptial agreement then give us a call 09 267 2700 or contact us